by Dana Shultz of DietsInReview.com
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar or honey (or 2 tablespoons stevia)
- 1 cup hot water
- Juice of 5 limes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup club soda (optional)
- 1 cup ice cubes
1. Stir sweetener into hot water until it dissolves. Set aside to cool.
2. For each serving: Add half of the lime juice to a tall serving glass. Stir in 1/4 cup sweetened water. Top off with ice cubes and then pour over 1/4 club soda. Stir to combine.
3. Taste and adjust sweetness/tartness as needed by adding a pinch or two more of sweetener or a dash of extra lime juice.
4. You can either combine your lime juice with the sweetened water for later use, or keep them separate to use for other variations of this beverage (such as a cocktail or strawberry limeade). Either way they’ll stay fresh for up to a week or so.
Estimated Nutrition per beverage: 15 calories, 14 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrates, 1 g sugar, .3 g protein
Get more healthy ideas and delicious snacks by joining NatureBox. Enter coupon code NATURE for 25% off your first month subscription!